Tuesday, May 01, 2007

And now Barbri has my money also

I think I've spent more in the last couple weeks than I ever have in the same two week period before (other than buying a car or big ticket items like a car). To complete the two-step process, I've now paid the $2000+ for Barbri to basically sit and watch a bunch of videos for the next two months. Hopefully between the $3000 in review materials, I can learn (or re-learn as it purports to be) exactly how to study to pass this bar exam the first time around.

I'm beginning to think that I'm going to be doing a lot more studying on my own and listening to these videos/lectures will simply be reinforcement. I've never found the Barbri videos that useful in the past (particularly the "10-minute break" that pops up every hour or so where the video actually shows a sign with the minutes changing for 10 minutes rather than simply a notice to pause the video and take a break). I guess Barbri assumes the pending crop of lawyers doesn't know well enough to operate a vcr.

I've also concluded that Westlaw is the superior search engine to Lexis. I make this statement because Lexis held very few, if any, training programs this entire year, and Westlaw's one or two more was enough to convince me of its superiority. I can only imagine how many first years Lexis lost through its own incompetence in marketing. I will give Lexis its props for its superior rewards program though.

Still one final to go. I'm going to play some Monkey Target in the meantime.

No comments: