Sunday, April 29, 2007

3L almost over

Well, classes are over and I'm just one final away from being done my third and last year of law school. Other than that more looming test in July, which I get to start studying for soon enough, finishing that last class was rather anticlimactic.

I remember in undergrad, one of my senior seminar professors took us to the local bar after classes were done and bought us all a couple rounds of drinks. Then the school took the graduating class out for a night of drinking on the school's tab, which was also fun. Here, I wouldn't be surprised to get a phone call asking for money the day after graduation.

As most law students know, law school is much like high school, except that it's three years instead of four, and everyone can drink legally. The drama is probably more intense though, as are the stresses, but more people know what they want to do and there is less uncertainty about the future. You also have the opportunity to improve your golf game, so it's like an added bonus. Finals your third year are almost as important as they were your senior year in high school, which is to say, hardly at all. If you are on law review, your third year stays pretty busy until April or so; if you are not, the adage "third year they bore you to death" is certainly true since all I've been doing is playing video games and watching tv since I finished up my last article.

And, since it is a nice day out for once, I think I may just turn off this computer and study outside for this last final. And by study, I mean hit a round of golf.

No comments: