Monday, April 16, 2007

PMBR has suckered me in

I finally paid for PMBR; I couldn't hold off much longer without losing my ABA discount. Against my better judgment, I decided to do both the 6-day and the 3-day course, so all together, they got nearly a grand from me. Barbri is going to get another two grand from me when I pay for them (also very soon), so hopefully this will rack up enough points on my credit card to get a free trip to Aruba or England or somewhere fun in August. At least it will be reimbursed at some point in the future.

My primary reason for taking both of PMBR's courses despite the fact that I don't think I really need the 6-day: I have fallen prey to the illogical pitch that "For only another $500, you can feel all the better that you paid for everything so as to leave nothing to chance." In talking to my friends generally, though, I think the 3-day is plenty (and if you're disciplined, you probably don't even need that). Given that I don't really like hearing people lecture all that much, I basically just paid a chunk of change for 2700 multiple choice questions. I am NOT anxious to see how much that works out to per question once it's all said and done. My secondary reasons deal with OCD and sadism.

I did manage to get a hold of some of PMBR's early materials and suspect that the company employs a "bad cop, good cop" routine, particularly since I got almost half of the questions wrong, and some of their sample answers were explained using disputed Supreme Court cases. Assuming that's the case, then the latter questions will be easier. I recognize, however, that this logic is equally as faulty, but whatever. So long as I pass, I could care less. And afterwards, the National Board of Bar Examiners can do whatever they want to ensure that PMBR is in compliance with their injunction. Speaking of which, when will the class action suit start against PMBR? Sign me up for that.

Tags: ,

No comments: