Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Ah, the 1L final freakout

I decided to do some studying for my last final this morning, so I graced the library with my presence for a short while. Needless to say, it did not take very long to notice the swarms of first years freaking out about their con law and contracts finals (and whatever other finals are going on). I must have heard ten different people talking about strict scrutiny and its application to the mailbox rule (granted, these obviously were overlapping conversations). I keep waiting to hear about the current acts of Congress and how they border on a violation of the separation of powers doctrine, but I guess the mainstream media hasn't picked up on any of this yet. Regardless of any position on the war, I still do not see how the legislative branch's attempt at test driving the executive powers isn't an impermissible SOP violation. But I digress.

It's easy to say now that those first year classes are meaningless and whatever you didn't learn back then you will during the bar review. Even now, I certainly remember the stress level and the fear of uncertainty. It makes me wonder what the stress is like over at Yale, where they supposedly don't have finals the first year.

I also saw that the Supreme Court decided the KSR-Teleflex gas pedal case, but for some reason this potentially important IP case didn't make CNN headlines. Well, now to catch up on my weekly Boston Legal fix.

No comments: