Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Preliminary MBE results coming soon

My friends in the mid-atlantic clerkship circle forwarded me several emails and google chats today about the upcoming bar results. Apparently, the rumor is that Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Delaware bar results are all going to be out by the end of this week or at least before the Columbus Day holiday (which, us clerks as government employees, get off with the rest of the public service world). With all this talk, it has forced me to give some thought to that test that I took a couple months ago. But, as it always seems to come back to this truism: there's not much anyone can do now, including worrying, because what is done is done, and all of this should have taken place right before that last full week in July. For me, I feel that I did everything I could have, so I'll be at a loss if I do wind up failing. I can only hope that is not the case.

One blog has a thread riddled with pure speculation as to the MBE results, but nothing concrete. From my own relevant Google search, I found very little except an even wider range of speculation. The recurring number seems to be around 126 raw with a 15 point curve, but again, this is pure speculation. I have friends that took some of the bars that are due out this week, and (fingers crossed) that they did well (and got the distribution), I'll post the information about the MBE as soon as I get it. At worse, the national curve may not be released until New York's results are posted after Thanksgiving (the last jurisdiction to do so it seems).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

July '07 NY bar applicant here. Just curious, where did you get the information that the NY results might not be out until after Thanksgiving (11/22)? They are usually released the 2nd week of November here and was wondering if you knew something about that that I didn't. Thanks a lot for the info.

ECL said...

I think you're right - it's supposed to be sometime mid-November. Some of the clerks I've spoken to have heard around Thanksgiving, so I figure it's safe to say that they will be out after Thanksgiving.

From what I heard, Maryland and Texas are due out at the end of this week, and I would imagine that New York and California are the last ones to report, probably within a couple weeks after that. I'm sure it will fly around the web like wildfire once they are out.