Sunday, October 21, 2007

NBC Rewind back to its mediocre quality

I added this in a comment yesterday, and so that various internet searchers are not confused, I revoke my previous entry praising NBC Rewind and the quick turnaround of quality with NBC's online system. Apparently it was only temporary. Upon watching the Office and Earl the other day, NBC's Rewind was back to its old sucky self. Luckily these two somewhat conflicting entries aren't court decisions or else the court would look fairly silly in its quick and contradictory judgments. Fortunately with my court (and my career for that matter), I only make snap judgments about television shows and the ways to watch them.

Part of its problem with NBC's Rewind, I believe, is that its interface is just not as simple as some of the other networks'. I'm convinced now that it must either vary with show, or it varies with the time you watch it. In either case, only the latter is remotely acceptable as far as quality control goes. I'm not going to waste anymore time on complaining or praising NBC's Rewind. Suffice to say, ABC's system is superior to either of the other four networks, and if you don't feel like watching it through NBC, there are other options (e.g., YouTube), which may or may not be affiliated with the network. I'm beginning to think there is some merit in watching television shows online, and I can only wonder where fair use falls on this spectrum if you don't use the affiliate channels. Only time and a couple lawsuits will tell.

Back to football.

No comments: