Friday, July 20, 2007

Laptop nightmare

I've been fairly good about not having any major freak out sessions this summer. The one thing that does worry me, though, is that something will screw up with my laptop next week. I know that this has happened to a couple of my friends who took New York and California last year, and they both passed (after writing the remainder of their exams), but what a nightmare. And so that was what last night's awful dream was about. I was glad to wake myself up. Unfortunately, there's nothing much I can do about preventing this from happening other than hoping that it doesn't.

For those of you not so fortunate to be typing, at least you shouldn't have to worry about your pencils not working or somehow failing. And why hasn't anyone challenged the rational basis behind having a laptop lottery (for any states that have one)? I don't think California does, so how can New York need one?

And around the internet waste of time circuit comes a couple other funny anecdotes:

Why you should write the answer in your MBE booklet just in case the bar examiners lose your answer sheet

Above the Law's collection of bar review horror stories and other random thoughts

Barbri Video (Spoof): The Virginia Law Libel Show

The last one is definitely worth 3 minutes of your time and can only be appreciated by exam takers, law students, or those who have taken any of barbri's review courses.

And with that, my last un-free friday begins.

No comments: