Thursday, July 12, 2007

Barbri MBE results announced

So I see from the Barbri website that the official results of the Summer '07 MBE are in. Almost 30,000 of us (not counting me, since I did not) submitted their scores to Barbri. Another blogger also reports that the scores came back, and I agree that the scoring was a little off. Oh well.

The average raw score was a 109.1. Somebody got as low as a 21, and at least one clown wanted to screw with Barbri's statistics and everyone else and filled out 199 correct answers. I nearly did the same thing, for the same reason, but didn't waste my time. It is still funny nonetheless. Good for that person, since I'm sure it freaked a lot of people out. This makes me think that the 21 is fake also, since you'd really have to be a bad guesser. Or you used a number 3 pencil for 90% of the test.

Also, above a 140 raw puts you in the 95th percentile, and above a 150 raw puts you in the 99th percentile. So if you did get a 199, you didn't really gain anything since it's pretty much the same thing as getting a 150. In either case, if you fall into this category, good for you. The average (110) puts people in the 53th percentile. If I had to guess, I would say that the curve on the Barbri MBE is probably around 25, but this guess has no statistical basis whatsoever. I just made it up.

So, with all of Barbri's precious number crunching announced, what does this mean for the real thing? Absolutely nothing, and you should waste no time worrying about it. From everyone I've spoken to, both Barbri and PMBR are a lot tougher than the real thing. What about the PMBR 3-day? I guess I'll find out about tomorrow and see how I fare with the 36 point curve they give.

No comments: