Friday, July 27, 2007

Bottled tap water? Next they will be selling bottled oxygen

Nothing overly legal about this one, but I saw on the news tonight that Aquafina's labeling "Bottled at P.W.S." (or something to that effect) really stands for "Public Water Source." Is this really that surprising that a giant publicly traded corporation like Pepsi would cut as many corners as they can to make a profit? Frankly, I am more surprised that it isn't worth more.

One article summarizes this rather jokey story here: Aquafina labels to spell out source. I'm sure the tap water purification process is complex, and apparently a seven step process. I imagine it as something like a giant Brita pitcher (and yes, I find the fact they have used Brita pitchers for sale rather disturbing).

All of this reminds me of a line from the Simpsons' Flaming Moe's episode: "He may have come up with the recipe [of using cough syrup], but I came up with the idea of charging $6.95 for it."

And speaking of the Simpsons, I heard the movie is reminiscent of the more classic Simpsons episodes, which makes me more inclined to go see it. Perhaps at the next showing tonight.

1 comment:

kfloydh said...

They DO sell bottled Oxygen...

http://www.healthoxygen.com/oxygen-products/oxygen-bottle.php