Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Jericho returns tonight

Although the writers strike has left me watching very few shows, one that will be watched by me (live tonight, and in most other cases, probably on the internet because 10 is past my bedtime) is Jericho. As I pointed out last year, this show has some interesting points, and since I've invested so much time into so far, I figure why not go for eight more episodes and see how it ends. I am less inclined to believe that the show will survive past this 8-episode run, particularly post-strike, but it's nice that CBS has afforded much more vociferous fans than me the opportunity for closure. See Thanks to the fans, 'Jericho' returns. Hopefully with the 10 PM show, they can finally explore some darker elements.

I will respond to someone's comment posted yesterday about tv generally, and I agree that there probably are not any new shows that I am planning on devoting any time to. One of my friends did in fact cancel his cable, but has told me that since his job consists of reading and writing and working all day, he has lost most of any enjoyment from regular reading. For me, at that point I need an hour or two to sit and watch tv and just not think about work. Are others in that same boat? I would hope not. I would much rather be able to leave by 6 and read the paper and go out than be a slave to the television set. (Which is why I think I prefer watching shows online at my own pace).

No comments: