Tuesday, February 12, 2008

How quickly the news reports

As I mentioned a few days ago, I'm saving my results based on my online news reporting article until Sunday. In checking out tonight's headlines, however, I saw that the VA polls closed at 7. Since it's a little after 7 now, I figured that it would take a few minutes (at least) before a "winner" could be reported. After all, Huckabee just made some ridiculous comparison of Washington State's voting process to that of the Soviet Union, so one may think that perhaps waiting a bit could be a more prudent course. Apparently it is not.

With 0.0% actually reporting, CNN reports that Obama is the projected winner. I must assume that article was written hours ago and they were just waiting to hit the "publish" button. We'll see if someone from Hillary's campaign cries out "Konstantin Chernenko!" or some other silly nonsense.

1 comment:

ECL said...

Surprisingly (and unsurprisingly), the instant results for the MD & DC polls that closed at 8 PM are not up yet. I'm sure I just haven't clicked "refresh" enough, but I've lost interest. I'm sure the headlines will be there in the morning.