Thursday, June 21, 2007

Some hearsay about the PMBR 3-day

I got an email today from one of my friends who is in the midst of the PMBR 3-day exam. She says that she recognized a few questions from the red book, but most were pretty original. That sounds fair enough.

She also said that the average score is a 95 out of 200, and they give you a 35 point curve. I guess that's good. I think DC needs a 135 to waive in, so basically one could take this to mean that if you got half right with the curve, that would be good enough to pass most bars.

I asked her also about the fact that the July 2007 MBE will grade only 190 out of 200 questions since they have gone the way of the SAT and other standardized tests in using us test takers as free research subjects. Will the score be out of 190 then and how will that effect the grading? According to the lecturer, the bar examiners will take this into consideration and add in a few more points on top of the normal curve. Well, that's good news.

As far as the lecture, she says that it wasn't too much of a repeat from the 6-day and it wasn't too bad, although it was pretty long. Since I'm not taking it for another couple weeks, I'll see how I feel the next day whether my time is worth spending listening to a PMBR lecturer rather than study on my own.

For what it's worth though, she said it probably would have been fine if she didn't take the 6-day. To that, I will reserve my comment as to whether it is worth it at all until I take it. I suspect that my original idea that PMBR is probably not worth it at all if you are a disciplined studier will hold true, but we'll see.

No comments: