Friday, June 15, 2007

Bob Barker's last broadcast barely makes headlines

I saw today was Bob Barker's last day (although I know from the news it was filmed last week). Good for him. Like many people who grew up in the 80s (or 70s, or 90s, or the 2000s for that matter), my sick days home from school often were spent watching the Price is Right from 11-12 everyday before my mom's or my grandmother's "stories" came on.

Every so often I would see a show where all six games were won. According to the facts of the Price is Right on CBS's site, this has happened 53 times (or 75 depending on your source). My favorite Price is Right episode, though, went something like this. The guy guessed the first contest right to win the hundred dollar bonus and the prize and the chance at the game. He won the game (although I can't remember what exactly it was - not Plinko though). He spun the wheel and hit the dollar twice during the showcase showdown. Then he guessed his showcase within the $100 (which I think is now $250), and won both. So that was a pretty good day.

I never got to the price is right set, but one of my friends did and said it was a lot of fun. I wonder how heavy that wheel is to spin? The other thing the Price is Right taught me was that you "spay" not "spray" your pets. I think that was on a PSAT but I could be making that up.

No comments: