Sunday, October 22, 2006

This week's Shark not on innertube? CBS blows

CBS, despite getting early positive reviews for their online digital media, struck out this week as my unusually hectic Thursday schedule last week once again precluded me from watching Shark in so-called "real time." Upon going to CBS's Innertube site today, the newest episode was not there, hence my headline.

As I initially came upon the show online (see Shark pilot review), it seems to be now that online is the only time I can find to watch it. I usually have a spare 42 minutes or so on the weekend, and in part because the show has some appeal and witty, snap dialogue, I can waste some of my time on this show. When the internet guy or girl at cbs forgets to do their job, however, it makes me have to do productive work in the alternative, which defeats the point of trying to take a break. Therefore, I'll assume this week's Shark episode "In the Grasp" sucked, so I didn't miss anything.

All of the episodes of Jericho were there, so if you're looking for a show not unlike Heroes that is starting to develop more quickly, you can watch that one. Last week's episode, Federal Response, finally pitted the two central characters, Jake and Hawkins, in somewhat juxtapositioning roles, but it worked well. At least we know now what I had suspected, and that was that Jake has some sort of government ties. How that plays into Hawkins' plans remain to be seen and we'll see if they can capture my attention past the remaining two episodes on its six episode stint.


No comments: