Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Heroes: Collision Review

Not much to say about last night's episode of Heroes, Collision, other than it was great. This was the type of episode I expected from the preview and the previous three episode's setup, and I thought it was very well done. The lines between the good and bad heroes are being drawn, I suppose, is one way of putting it, and "Collision" began to set forth how they will all come together. It's what I expected the show to be about all along, and I am glad it finally (albeit convolutedly) has begun to do so.

Some assumptions: The Hiro 20XX appearance was pretty cool. Assuming he must learn how to time travel at ease, I'm surprised he wouldn't have appeared to himself first. I guess he has to set the various reactive chains in motion somehow [paradox issues disregarded].

Ikin's mutation isn't much more than what I have previously predicted and discussed, something of a takeoff of The Dark Half, Secret Window, or Hide and Seek. Her multiple personality cannot realistically be construed as anything but a pychotic break. Nice try.

I see by next week's preview the Congressional Flying brother flies away, so I am left to wonder now whether he is going to fly back to his brother and side up with them or continue waffling about. I also predict that Hiro and his sidekick will meet up with Niki/Ikin's son and somehow band together.

Comment on the Cheerleader's eggshell skull: She can heal almost instantaneously without any scarring but she falls onto a branch (which seemed pretty long) and it impales her skull? I guess that can happen, but it seems pretty fishy. A neck break maybe, but it's not like he shot her with a bow and arrow or anything.

Conclusion: Save the cheerleader and save the world. I guess they figure she can eat the bomb or something and survive. We will find out next week how she can amazingly get out of a crushed car only to have what I can only assume would be crushed legs grow back/unflatten out.

Addendum: I will write on this one of these days, but I noticed that the press for this garbage disposal (InSinkErator) continues to make headlines, as evidenced by CNN's latest reporting of it. I am sure the name would have been visible in the preview and somehow they have associated the fictional television injury with real life, and this warped interpretation assumes this would translate into negative sales and bad press out. Who but a nitpicking audience would question the type of garbage disposal that would cause that kind of damage? Hopefully the summary judgment gets posted so I can get a good laugh. Realistically though, I am sure their sales have seen a considerable jump since the press continues to feed this story, and until I see a reason to otherwise, I am assuming this is a win-win type of lawsuit for them (the merits of which are beyond the scope of this entry). This plug is free. [Your ad can go hear for a nominal price].

No comments: