Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Lost: Season 3 premiere & general expectations

The Lost season premiere, A Tale of Two Cities, airs tonight. Generally, and for this show in particular, I try and avoid reading anything about this show except for Entertainment Weekly's recap, mainly because this is the one show on television I enjoy watching unravel at its controlled pace. I also know that ABC's creative staff loves just throwing things out there for people to jump on, and I appreciate the misdirection, but have no interest in it.

From what I read, season 3 will start off tonight with a 6 episode stint and then return sometime after the superbowl to run to completion without any repeats. That is fine by me. Here are my predictions/expectations for this season (in no particular order):

-First 6 episodes - obviously will focus on escaping. I would imagine the rest of the group will be working with Sayid to get them back once Hurley returns.
-We will hear the backstory for how Locke lost the use of his legs
-We will hear at least two more Jack backstories (and probably 1 more Kate or Sawyer backstory)
-The french woman's backstory will be told
-maybe some hint at the others' backstory, but probably through eko
-at least one more major character will be killed off
-michael winds up back at the main camp "after feeling bad" but really because he fails to calculate correctly the heading
-more of desmond's backstory & how his fiance is searching for him. this back story may be accomplished through a parallel story, and I imagine it will be a well-written episode.

I watched the season 1 & 2 recap last week and noticed that fake Henry Gale planted the seeds of doubt into Locke, so I'm now operating on the assumption that he wanted him to stop pressing the button. So we'll hear some more about the consequences of no longer pressing the button.

That's it. Hopefully it's a good one.

No comments: