Sunday, October 08, 2006

The benefits of a Discover card

I don't have a Discover card, but a couple of my good friends do, and the story always seems to end up the same. Although Discover has a cash-back option, it has a somewhat limited use in terms of places that accept it. Specifically, I am talking about the numerous bars that do not accept Discover for whatever reason, and in my experience, many do not. As a result, it's become a running joke that my Discover card-toting friends often use this assumption and offer to pay, only to discover the Discover card has once again thwarted their good intentions, leaving the rest of us to pick up the tab. With the money you save by not starting a tab at a bar, it's no wonder they choose Discover. Just an observation before the NFC east games start up.

No comments: