Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Yale strikes back and evens up the score and other news

To be fair to my somewhat one-sided entry the other day, I will note that the New Hampshire independents took Senators Clinton and McCain to heart yesterday in their primary polls. So, the score, at least on the Democrat side, is tied at 1-1 between Harvard and Yale, with UNC still way behind the 8-ball. We'll see how South Carolina (and to some degree, Michigan) shakes things up in a couple weeks. Super Tuesday looms only a few weeks away.

Second, I see that some headway into the MySpace murder trial has begun. See L.A. Grand Jury Issues Subpoenas in Web Suicide case. I wrote about this briefly a few weeks ago; whether this is the same case or another one I don't know. I think it is though. Interesting stuff that I'll have to follow more once more discovery and reporting takes place.

Third and finally, a thread on Above the Law today caught my attention, and for once, the posts aren't so snarky and are actually worth reading for the humor value alone. See Judge of the Day: William Sosnay (discussing his recent reprimand for wearing an ascot in court in violation of a courtroom dress code). The ABA write-up is here. Particularly, I found the frat-esque comments pretty funny, but most of the ones that came around 4 pm (the 4:12 comment, the Lex Luthor comment at 4:05, 4:13, the 4:25, and the 4:35 comments are among the funnier ones). Finally, a thread that simply makes fun at the mundane. If I was to write a comedy called "Clerks" or "Supreme Courtships" (about law clerks, that wasn't a stupid drama), it would definitely have this type of frat character as a protagonist.

Enough for now, I can only hope tomorrow is as entertaining.

No comments: