Thursday, January 24, 2008

An interesting juxtaposition of headlines and a couple funny law blogs (or blawgs as it is)

While I certainly have interesting work-related things to write about to a limited degree, I will point out an interesting couple of headlines that appeared on Drudge the other day. In this order:

What killed Heath?
Jack Nicholson: 'I warned him'...

What made that funny (to me) was it didn't seem too long ago that the headline was that Jack Nicholson was 'furious' about the late actor playing the role of the Joker. So, in my twisted sense of humor, I thought the side-by-side headlines were sort of funny. And no, it's not too soon.

Speaking of funny, I've come across two blogs that do a much better job of summarizing daily life as a recent law school grad. Because of the nature of my clerkship circle, I have made a conscious effort not to summarize the daily comedy that sometimes emerges as these two blogs do. I anticipate this will not be the case once I enter big firm life in a few months. In many respects, my current level of clerkship humor is largely based on inside jokes, which are absolutely hilarious, if I took the time to explain them. Which sort of defeats the point and wastes everybody's time. I could decide to do something different, but we'll see.

In the meantime, the one blog is by a midwestern associate and another is by another east coast law clerk. The clerk one had a great entry about law clerk life a couple of days ago which is pretty representative of the real thing. Check out Chicks Dig Law Clerks and Law With Grace. [Edit 3/11/08: Chicks Dig Law Clerks no longer exists, sorry].

I have added them to my list of funny blogs to check out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The law student sex blawg reminds me-- we need an update on your internet dating excursion!

I have been experimenting with dating some non-law students/lawyers myself lately, and overall I recommend it. They are more fun, less alcoholic, and less likely to make me feel guilty for not achieving more in a day. However, they are much more likely to live in the suburbs which is inconvenient for me.

ECL said...

Yes, I have a couple things rolling around that I am planning to write about - one of the other clerks suggested that I make a blog all about that, but I think it would probably come out making me sound like a dirtbag. An entry about the disaster of the first month of this three month internet dating trial, however, is forthcoming.

ECL said...

I see that the Chicks Dig Law Clerks blog has been deleted. Apparently I am the only law clerk blog left around... still waiting for my blog to be listed on Above the Law and other major blawg cites... oh well.