Monday, September 18, 2006

Heroes pilot on Yahoo

A quick glance of the front page of Yahoo tonight shows that NBC has decided to release the pilot of Heroes on Yahoo, so this sort of slaps iTunes in the face a bit but earns a checkmark for innovative, albeit delayed, marketing tactics. I'm guessing NBC's media heads figured they may as well try and avoid as many hoops as possible in order to drum up a large audience given the high market share ESPN pulled for its first monday night game. Cf. incredible ratings/numbers ESPN had versus ABC's previous monday night ratings.

I couldn't fast forward Yahoo's version, and didn't bother to try and save it, which leads to the obvious conclusion that it will deter a majority of people from doing so, and thus I have a simple means to support my theory for a rental system for digital media. For a much more elaborate reasoning on why such a system should be considered by all media moguls, see my previous discussion on digital media and the new internet.

Click here for my review of the Heroes pilot.

Tags: , ,

No comments: