Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Heroes: Company Man quick review

In light of the financial hit the world stock markets took today along with the Dow's 416 point plunge on escalating fears of a global (meaning US & China) economic slowdown, I thought I would write a quick review of last night's Heroes episode, Company Man. Up front, I will disclose that I have continued to watch this show (either right after 24 or in place of it) and that the past few episodes have only gotten better since the second half of the season began a few weeks ago.

For once, the show focused on one group of characters and one storyline and applied the Lost-theme of using flashbacks to fill out the story. I thought this approach was good. But enough about that. The show itself is moving along at a steady pace and although I am lost on the timeline as to when things are happening, I do see how the characters are all coming together. Last week's episode, Unexpected, was great. This week's was better. The preview for next week suggests that both Simone and Ando have powers. We'll see if I am right.

So, Parkman the cop and Ted the unibomber break into the Agent's house in a half-brained scheme to kidnap Claire's father and figure out how he turned them into freaks of nature. Unfortunately for them, they ultimately find out that they can only blame their parents and the writers for giving them their so-called superpowers. In the end, Parkman is left in a hospital bed and probably being recruited to work for the other side, Claire and the Haitian are going to disappear, and Claire's father, in an act of redemption, fakes an attack and intentionally has his memory wiped in order to safely let his daughter escape from the clutches of this mutant tracking task force (which promises to be developed a little further next week).

In getting to this point, Company Man proceeds to trace the life of Claire's father from the time he became an "agent" of Linderman's company along with his partner, the Invisible Man, to the present. As I have suspected for some time, Claire's father is not the mastermind, but merely a highly placed cog in the company's wheel. Surprisingly, so is Hiro's father. The show also explained the Invisible Man's role in this group (sort of like Methos from the Highlander tv show) except that the company was aware of his mutant ability.

Now, I have to rewatch last week's episode to be sure, but isn't the girl who was introduced in the end of last night's episode the same girl who orchestrated the copy and the human bomb to go to the agent's house in the first place? I think she is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there my name is Adam and I own a blog called The Heroes Archive which can be found at http://heroesepisodelisting.blogspot.com and I was wondering if you might be interested in a link exchange with me.

I am just about to add your link to my blog, let me know if you are willing to link back to me.

Thank You.

P.S. If you are willing to link back to me can you use the word "Heroes Episode Listing" in the anchor text or in the images alt tag? If not thats fine too but if so it would be greatly appretiated. Or I've got an image that you can use to link to my site with, it can be found at http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/minidak03/heroesbutton111111111155555555.jpg

Thanks Again.