Thursday, February 08, 2007

Cingular cell phone

I am reserving comment on my personal feelings about Cingular's cell phone service (other than they are merely ok at best), but the phone I have (Nokia 6102i flip phone) has recently gone on the fritz. When I flip it open, I see nothing but a white screen. After a few flips, I can get it to work, or I'll see some inverted red screen and then it will work after the subsequent flip. In either case, it's quite the defect and I will be returning it tomorrow since I'm sure the six or eight months I've had it means that it is still under warranty. If I hear why or what the defect is, I'll post it.

UPDATE 2/16/06:
Apparently this is some sort of flip phone defect (common in this model). My phone was still under warranty so they shipped me a new one. It works fine now, but I think I'll try and get something other than a flip phone next time because I have no confidence that the same problem won't surface in a few months. One of my friends has some sort of Razr phone and said she had the same problem but she wants to switch services so she just is going to bear with the problem until her contract runs out.

No comments: