Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Getting rid of old textbooks challenge

I will have more to add to this entry at another time, but I find my collection of books has grown too large and cumbersome for any one person's lifetime. While I was able to get rid of most of my now useless law school textbooks thanks to my fellow law school sufferers via Amazon's used book sales, I am at a loss in trying to figure out how to get rid of old textbooks that sell for less than a dollar on Amazon (and in many cases, less than a nickel). Some of these texts are from law school and others are from college. For all intent and purposes, I highly doubt that I will ever use the ones I want to get rid of. Unfortunately, the Internet was not as useful as I would have liked, and neither was ebay.

Now, I did come across a way of getting rid of some books by sending them to the troops overseas. I may wind up using this Operation Paperback site to get rid of some of my books, but I wouldn't think anyone is going to want a bunch of old textbooks any more than I would. I also found a definitive list of ways to get rid of old books (Textbook Revolution: Getting Rid of Used Books) but again, even this person's suggestions are limited (although highly useful). Sending some books to one of the state prisons, as she suggests, could prove interesting though.

Anyway, I am open for suggestions, so if you've figured out an effective way to get rid of these books, please feel free to post a comment. In the meantime, I suppose they will just gather dust and inch closer to the trash can.

1 comment:

Term Paper Sample said...

In this era of web 2.0, we easily get nice & updated information for research purposes... I'd definitely appreciate the work of the said blog owner... Thanks!
................................

write term paper-Essay Writing Help