Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Citibank loans coming due

I can only hope that I'm not the only one happy about last weeks' rate cut since it should lower my rate. Theoretically. At whatever ridiculous percent that it's jumped to over the past three years, I can use all the help I can get. The letter I received today was the one that tells you what your monthly payment is. Hello? I am going to be a government employee for a year, they don't pay us squat. As one of my friends put it in a phone call to Citibank, "you could say I owe a million dollars and I'm going to give you the same answer." Of course, I can't really complain since I'm pretty sure I'm likely to exercise my option and go to a firm that pays me the $50k clerkship signing bonus. Once I get real confirmation about all this (and the various other perks included with being a clerk), I'm sure I'll have plenty to write about it.

What bugs me about Citibank, and what prompts this entry is the fact they require me to enter in answers to their ridiculous "security questions." And for whatever reason they didn't work, so I had to jump through another hoop to get back into my account. Now, I'm as for internet security as the next person, but it's a secure account and I didn't have any problems logging in. Is it necessary to go through the rigmarole of the various check process every month?? And why does it mail me a hard copy some months and prompt me to log in other months? I can't wait until the day I cut them a check for the entire balance of this private loan.

No comments: