Friday, January 05, 2007

Recut movies: these things are great

Recut movies - I think these things have been around for a couple years now, but everytime I see one, I just crack up. I can't seem to find how they are doing them though - probably some sort of mac video editing program, but the net searches are fairly useless. Nonetheless, there are some funny ones. Now, if only they would come up with a recut for Full Metal Jacket as a light-hearted comedy and the "Flying Dreams" from The Secret of Nihm or something from Stand by Me in the background. If I find a recut of Full Metal Jacket, I'll post the link if I remember to do so.

Here were some that Rolling Stone found humorous: Rolling Stone Top Re-cut Movie Trailers of 2006. Wikipedia gives the definitive list with links.

College Humor, Gorilla Mask, and I'm sure YouTube have plenty more.

Priceless. Now if only a movie studio would create two diametrically opposed alternate trailers for a forthcoming movie and let the audience stew over which one is the real one. Could have interesting results.

No comments: