Thursday, November 09, 2006

Vilsack announces his candidacy

I saw this "alert" on CNN this morning: "Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack will run for the White House in 2008, a source close to the governor tells CNN. He is the first prominent Democrat to announce his candidacy." I'm pretty sure Biden was the first proiminent Democrat to announce he was running for president, and in the speculation bin, we can toss in Obama, Clinton, Kerry, and Edwards. With the Dems in control of both houses now, we can watch with certainty how the Republicans will now schedule various committee meetings on days when the senator-seeking-the-presidency hopefuls will be campaigning about. The more interesting question is how many people will fall for this overused tactic. I doubt Clinton will get the go ahead, but I would like to see Obama go for VP since I don't think he quite has enough pull to win the whole thing. Where is JC Watts when the Republicans need him?

No comments: