Monday, August 28, 2006

Fantasy Football draft

I see the nut who claimed he killed JonBenet Ramsey turned out to be a liar, thanks to good old deoxyribonucleic acid. Big surprise. If some good comes out of it, it may be that it got him off the street and away from being able to do any possible damage to whatever employer had hired him. I rank the news coverage of this guy right up with the recent deplanetization of Pluto. Speaking of which (and I can't find where this is linked, but I know I saw this anonymously posted in a response to an article on Yahoo a couple of weeks ago), someone suggested that in declassifying Pluto, "they should rename Venus to Penus and move it next to Uranus." I will be laughing at that for years. Just like I will do with Stern's dirty turban prank call.

In other equally irrelevant news that is sure to hit the AP wire, my friends have a fantasy football league. Although I know nothing of football, in a continuing effort to postpone doing all school-related work, I figured, what the heck. I had the first pick and since LT was already taken, I went with Shaun Alexander. My roommate, upon hearing this, said that both of us were foolish not to take Larry Johnson, who went third. Most of my football knowledge comes from Tecmo Bowl & Tecmo Super Bowl, Rudy, and PTI, so I'm not expecting to fare too well, but it should make the games more interesting anyway.

QB: Matt Hasselbeck, Jake Delhomme
RB: Shaun Alexander, Julius Jones, Deuce McAllister, Dominic Rhoades
WR: Steve Smith, Joey Galloway, Eddie Kennison, Keyshawn Johnson
TE: Jeremy Shockey, Heath Miller
K: Mike Vanderjagt
Defense: Colts, Jaguars

No comments: