Monday, November 17, 2008

Incredibly long days and another attempt at online dating

November is not even half over and I have already billed an inordinate number of hours this month. Who says a recession is bad for lawyers? Not I.

As a result of work, I must say that my social life has taken a bit of a nosedive, particularly because I wind up getting done work late and am often too tired to go out except on weekends. This is going to have to change, as this sort of non-stop work is sure to lead to an ulcer or other health related side effects which I don't need.

On a related note, I am going to give a shot at this online dating thing again. I figure being in a much larger city should give me a few more options. I'm not sure I'm going to go into as much detail as Law With Grace has done, but I think I can be general enough not to trigger anyone who may stumble across this blog. I purposely did not write anything about the previous dates I have been on during the clerkship, mainly because there was nothing out of the ordinary with any of them. None of them worked out for any long amount of time, plus with me moving away with no intention of staying didn't help for any long-term potential either.

Despite my previous disasters with Match.com, I think I'm going to give it one more shot, or at least something like it. At least now I don't have to explain what a clerk is, and my work schedule accommodates more casual post-work drinks. Plus it will give me something to write about since I feel compelled to bill anything legal-related. But the job is fun so far, don't get me wrong.

Anyway, so long as I stay away from those who describe their occupation as "designer of things" (which is a real one by the way), I have a good feeling about this time around. Then again, I'm not going to set the bar too high either.

No comments: