Monday, August 25, 2008

One week to go in clerkship

I have only a few things left to do on my list of things that need to be done by Thursday or Friday, so it certainly continues to be busy as I get things ready for my replacement. And with Biden getting the surprise (sort of) nod for vice president, the news has been filled with plenty of things to keep me busy.

I'll only write briefly on an article that was on Above the Law the other day regarding Obama's economic plan. See The Obama Tax Plan. I always laugh at the comments people post on above the law (to the extent I even read them anymore), and my only comment regarding this particular article is the disclaimer at the end regarding the author: "Disclaimer / Disclosure: Since April, five weeks after I wrote the original ATL pieces, I have been doing unpaid volunteer work conducting research and interviews and writing memos for an adviser to the McCain campaign. I do not speak for the McCain campaign or for my day job employer."

Isn't it sort of funny that even ATL has succumbed to letting everyone chime in on the effects of a hypothetical tax plan that effects only a fraction of the population? Granted, I'm going to be in this tax bracket very soon as well, and admittedly haven't crunched the numbers myself, but give me a break. I have things to say about all of this, but no time to say them. Maybe someone will point out something I'm missing or not paying enough attention to with regard to these competing economic policies, which, to me anyway, seem fairly similar on the bottom line.

Back to work.

No comments: