Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Less than two weeks to go, and probably less if i use the last of my vacation time

It has been incredibly busy, which I still think is kind of odd, but mainly because I have been trapped with the school mentality that August is the end of summer where everything is comfortably slow, and I guess I'm just going to have to get used to the fact that the answer is "not necessarily."

I am certainly looking forward to getting this clerkship bonus, which should help cover some upcoming travel plans. In the meantime, I need to finalize my fantasy football draft and see if can improve again from last year's paltry finish. I can tell you one person that I won't be drafting this year, and that is Shaun Alexander.

And has anyone else noticed that the price of gas has dropped without anything fundamental changing besides consumer supply and demand? Interesting indeed. I do love how quickly the news has jumped from the headlines of "oil could be $300/barrel" or "pickens plan estimates oil to hit $200 by december" to "oil could be $65 by the end of the month" and other estimates which basically demonstrate without ambiguity that nobody understands this mess. At least in a couple months I will not have to worry so much about that particular expense.

No comments: