Saturday, July 19, 2008

Batman Dark Knight movie review

I saw the new Batman movie, and I'll say it was pretty good. Kind of long for me and (notwithstanding the suspension of belief already required), some of the storylines were pretty out there (sneaking an airplane into Hong Kong, for example, to extradite a foreign national). Regardless, I thought it was worth seeing, if not in the theater, definitely on your own HD tv. Will the Joker win an oscar? I highly doubt it. Was Heath Ledger a good villain compared to Jack Nicholson? I found their characters much different in a much different story, so it's hard to compare. They are simply different. Nothing good or bad about it.

What I found more interesting is the preview for a new Terminator movie next summer (Terminator Salvation starring Christian Bale), which takes place in the future. Since I have been talking about this for years (and have alluded to this suggestion once before), I think it has much potential, especially if they leave all the time travel stuff out of it. A trilogy though? It reeks of Matrix-esque nonsense. Hopefully it skips over Terminator 3's storyline all together. And given that Arnold is the governor and retired, it seems doubtful he will be in it. We'll see what happens. The preview can be found here (or through a regular Youtube search for Terminator Salvation).

2 comments:

dmarks said...

It had a lot less of a suspend disbelief problem than the other movies.

Anonymous said...

totally looking forward the new Terminator... Christian Bale tends to do a great job no matter what role he takes