Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Lost moving to 10? Give me a break

I saw on CNN that ABC is reportedly moving the show Lost to 10 PM out of fear that American Idol will smash it in the ratings. I can't believe ABC, particularly having experienced that fallout of a fad show (Who Wants to Be a Millionaire) is so scared that American Idol Part 7 or whatever they are up to will continue to carry Fox for yet another season. Have some faith in your product. With a desperation move like that, it's no wonder their network has fallen so far out of favor. At least NBC has finally realized the only way they can carry Thursday night is with a two-hour comedy block. Of course, the fact NBC realized this only now with the return of Scrubs, almost seven years after Seinfeld went off the air and The Apprentice failed to recapture its beloved 18-49 audience in the 9-10 Thursday night timeslot, just goes to show these networks have no confidence in their abilities to draw a loyal audience. I predict Lost at 10 PM will be a bust and I can only hope they will return it to Wednesdays at 9 (or Tuesdays at 9) and hope they can salvage their misstep.

Tags: , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Moving lost to 10 is a bad idea. I'm a big lost fan but am not sure I'm going to stay up that late when my toddler is constantly getting up early. I guess the only good news about this is that the producers will have to disclose a lot of secrets quickly because your viewing audience drops significantly after the 9 - 10 slot.