Friday, July 06, 2007

Jericho fans fight back - and the show is renewed

I was glad to see that there are other fans of the show Jericho:
'Jericho' fans assail CBS with 25 tons of peanuts.

Apparently, shortly after my original post a couple months back, 25 tons of packaging peanuts were sent to CBS by disgruntled fans (the peanuts were in reference to a couple of scenes in the season finale; no, I was not one of these disgruntled fans, but I found it funny nonetheless). This was in response to CBS announcing they had cancelled the show.

I heard from one of my friends the other day that the show was being picked back up. And sure enough, when I checked the internet, it is. Now, CBS is making up some lame excuse that people need to watch it when it actually airs as compared to recording it on Tivo and watching it later or watching it on the internet. If that is the argument they are making, it's no wonder they are in last place in the network ratings. I don't have any more time to devote to television or media entertainment for the time being, but I think it's a pretty obvious point that the internet media has much more potential than cable. If CBS hasn't figured out a way to track it yet, then I will reiterate my point that perhaps it's time for the board of directors of Viacom or CBS to put the pressure on Les Moonves to open his golden parachute to make room for some new blood.

No comments: