Monday, October 27, 2008

Concurring Opinions posts the Berg opinion

I haven't had time to read through it yet, and I will decide whether I need to chime in and post any thoughts that contribute to a more intelligent discourse later.

Rather than post the direct link to the PDF, I will simply post to the entry on the Concurring Opinions blog, which has the link to it: See Dave Hoffman, Berg v. Obama Opinion and Analysis. See also my earlier thoughts on this lawsuit (complete with comments ranging from the hilariously absurd to the otherwise well-reasoned).

I will note that in searching for this opinion, I came across at least one site (which I am not going to link) which appears to be generating money for the appeal to the Supreme Court. Now, I don't know whether or not this money is actually going anywhere or to anyone in particular (other than at least to the person soliciting the donations), so I'll simply reiterate what should be an obvious point.

Like anything else on the internet, I would be particularly leary about anybody or any site asking for money. For anyone who knows anything about law, I'll save you two cents: he can't appeal directly to the U.S. Supreme Court anyway before he spends a boatload on appealing to the 3rd Circuit. If you feel so inclined to give your hard earned money to something worthwhile, donate to the Library of Congress, the Peace Corp., or your local blood bank.

No comments: